Documentation: SMTP and Email Related Error Messages List

I’ve got this idea when I was staring at one error message that was generated Office 365 for a user who was trying to send email message to another user who has a full mailbox… The guy who sent me this error looking for help, did not even bother to read few lines in the email that could explain all the problem for him!

So I thought OK, I got an idea that is going to do a great good for everyone! I’ll start from now on to document every single error message that I get. The only condition that I’ll follow is it must be related to Email. Be it Office 365, G Suite’s Gmail, or Microsoft Exchange Server.

Please leave any comment below for your feedback, or what type of details that you want to see in each post for error message.

I will include the following in … Read the rest “Documentation: SMTP and Email Related Error Messages List”

Tips for designing a coexistence scenario between Exchange Server and G Suite

I’ll try in this article to list and briefly explain what need to be considered and checked while designing the coexistence scenario between the Exchange server and G Suite.

It is worth to mention that basically 90% of the work is not going to change for most of projects, so this can serve as a reference and a plan to apply for most of the projects to come.

Through out the work and experience I have got, I believe the below points are the most common settings and configuration that need to be checked and changed. I’ll also keep the list updated with anything I encounter that is not on it later on…

Put all contact objects used for forwarding in a separate special OU

You will face the need to create mail contacts on the Exchange server to forward mail to them. Depending on the size if the project, … Read the rest “Tips for designing a coexistence scenario between Exchange Server and G Suite”

Some points to remember while migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps

I’ve done some migrations recently from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps… While the migration itself went successful, I came across many serious issues that affected the overall satisfaction of the customer…

I tried my best to solve and workaround those issues during the migration process, and it seems everything went well after what I did…

One of the major problems was, the local users were unable to send to the users who got migrated to Google already!, this problem was because of simply because they are still on Exchange server, and the emails they are sending to their colleagues basically never leave Exchange to be routed outside to Google.

One workaround I managed to use was to put the testing domain that Google gives to the Google Apps users to a good use (MAIN_DOMAIN.test-google-a.com)

I have created mail contact item for every user on the Exchange points to … Read the rest “Some points to remember while migrating from Microsoft Exchange to Google Apps”