Google Cloud Directory Sync (GCDS) Tutorial – G Suite
General tutorial video for Google Cloud Directory Sync
I just published a 1 hour tutorial on Youtube that is talking about Google Cloud Directory Sync or GCDS. This tutorial is light an easy to follow. I used a scenario based approach to explain the steps and tasks that you need to do to configure it. The scenario is about syncing 8 user accounts to G Suite along with an OU structure form my AD to G Suite as well. The steps basically are the same for other object types such as groups. All you have to do is create the search rule and you are all set.
Here is the link for the video
Here also are the links that are mentioned in the video. You’ll find them also in the video description on Youtube:
- GCDS download page: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/dirsync
- G Suite Administrator Help site for GCDS: https://support.google.com/a/topic/2679497?hl=en&ref_topic=4511280
- Synchronize using the command line (for information on sync-cmd.exe): https://support.google.com/a/answer/6152425?hl=en
- Regular expressions in G Suite: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1371417?hl=en
- Active Directory Object Naming: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc977992.aspx
Checkout my other blog posts here.